Sunday, February 16, 2014

What’s in a Name?

So now that I had decided that I actually could “DO THIS”, I needed to name my little business.  What to name it?  WHAT to name it?  I started off with Callahan Creations and a few others that had my first name in it but it just wasn’t what I wanted.  It just was not working for me.  I really didn’t want to use my name and starting thinking of incorporating my likes, something beachy? water? ocean? sea turtles? and that was not working for me either.  I was communicating with my mom via email, like we do and she told me:

The name needs to reflect you, don’t worry it will come to you

HKL

Mom

And than it hit me – HKL Designs!

Now, I know you are wondering what does HKL stand for? – you know it’s not my initials, nor are they my moms and why did my mom write it as her closing of her email? 

HKL stands for HUGS, KISSES & LOVE

For as long as I can remember whenever my mom would leave me a note--asking me to pick up something on the way home from school/work, reminding me of an appointment, telling me to have a good day --she would sign it Hugs, Kisses & Love, MOM

Now the crazy world of technology hit and the notes turned into emails, which she would still sign Hugs, Kisses & Love, MOM and my responses back to her were always the same, Hugs, Kisses & Love, Tricia

Than, technology got even crazier and text messages were introduced.  We all know how you can’t write out whole sentences anymore, everything has to be shortened down, U R Cute!! G8! etc.  My mom shortened it down to HKL, MOM

So the notes turned into emails that turned into texts and well let’s just say HKL is just second nature now.  So the name, HKL Designs was just perfect, well because every product I customize is crafted with Hugs, Kisses & Love

HKL,

Tricia

1 comment:

  1. Love the story behind your business name :)

    xoxo
    Jocelyn @ PrettyLuckyMama

    ReplyDelete